Friday, April 20, 2012

Do-over

The past two-and-a-half months have been difficult-- lots of unwelcome surprises, disappointments, aches and pains both physical and mental. I haven't written much about it because I try to avoid complaining, but if I had the option to start 2012 over again tomorrow with a clean slate, I'd have a hard time saying no.

I found out Sunday that my row gauge for White Pine was off by quite a bit-- another addition to the series of unfortunate events. This wouldn't be a problem at all if there was no waist shaping and it isn't really a problem in the Grand Scheme of Things... but my desire for a do-over was irresistible. On Tuesday I ripped out ten inches of the body. It's now just yarn again:


What is (relatively) easy in knitting is so so much harder in life-- at what point do you decide to stop making small adjustments? At what point do you just roll the dice and move to Argentina (for example)? I don't think I'm there yet, but how will I know when I am?

Do they raise sheep in Argentina?

1 comment:

  1. argentina is too far away!

    i hope everything's ok -- thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete